Idaho Summer 2009
We went to Idaho in July. Shelby, Coop and I drove up on our own … and then Mike joined us later. Surprisingly, the drive wasn’t too bad. The kids were great and we only added about 1/2 hour extra onto the drive (I’m not sure how I did that, since I was traveling with a 5-year-old and a nursing baby!!!).
My sister Amy and her family met us up there and it was a DeMucha cousin extravaganza. Since I’m WEEKS late at posting pictures from the trip, I’ll just do a single post recap and then we can move on to life as it currently is (CRAZY).
- We drove to Idaho, stopping in Flagstaff to see the Bruce/Navarro families.
- We hung out on Papa’s ranch.
- We went to the pool in Lava Hot Springs … it has a huge new side (like 40 feet long) that is perched over the main road in Lava.
- We ate lots of yummy food, both out at restaurants and whipped up by Grandma Shelley (she’s a very good cook)
- We went to Idaho Falls and saw the Titanic exhibit at the Museum of Idaho.
- We also walked on the river in IF and saw the falls — quite beautiful
- We went to Pocatello, ate lots of food and visited Grandma Pearl
- Went to Pocatello and shopped at Fred Myer. We don’t have those in AZ and NM, so Amy and I love going there when we’re in town.
- Went to Old Town Pocatello, saw the sites, visited a farmers market, and ate some more
- Drove way too far (some where past Twin Falls, ID) to tour a dairy farm. Saw how cheese is made, pet some baby cows, ate cheese … and drove back to Lava.
- We went to Pocatello, ate lots of food and visited Grandma Pearl, again.
- Hung out on my dad’s porch, relaxed and enjoyed one of the best views int he world.
- Went to the pool in Lava again.
- Started driving home, stopped in Vegas, had dinner with Melissa and spent the night at her house.
- Drove the rest of the way home.
And here are the pictures to prove it!
A stop in Flagstaff, Az:
The Pool in Lava Hot Springs:
Cooper and Great Grandma Pearl:
Idaho Falls and the Museum of Idaho:
Bath and Bed time at Papa’s:
The Ballard Family Dairy:
On Papa’s Ranch:
Last Day in Idaho:
And there you have it … a very great and happy family vacation to Idaho all in one post!August 10, 2009
Posted in Uncategorized