Am I a Project Life flunky?

Hello. My name is Kimberly and I’m a Project Life failure. Well, not a total failure. I’m just so behind at the moment I’ve been thinking about throwing in the towel for 2012. And then I go back and look at the more than 7 months of pages I have completed and I feel like I might just be throwing out the baby with the bath water. Summer was rough on my Project Life productivity. With vacations, kids at home, work travel … I just got out of my routine. I started project life back in December 2011. I have 31 weeks of two-page spreads, as well as tons of inserts. I stalled just after the 4th of July.

Every week that went by that I didn’t make my pages, I felt the weight on my chest increase. I had no idea how to proceed. That was until a few weeks ago when, when I decided to pick up at the place I was at and just go from there. I’m missing weeks 32 to 34. I’ve created Photoshop documents for them and at some point I’ll go back and fill them in. For now, I’m just going to move forward.

My plan going forward, which is subject to change, is to stop stressing; enjoy the process; and do my pages as time permits. We’ll see if I can adhere to this no-stress policy!

Here’s a look at (my) week 36, August 5-11th :

PL_Week36_Aug5_2012_1

PL_Week36_Aug5_2012_2

Week36_Insert2

Week36_Insert1

Credit: These pages were created using Pink Paislee’s Shabby Sugarland kit, which can be purchased over at Jessica Sprague’s web site.

****************************************

How’s project life going for you? Are you keeping up? This week I linked up with The Mom Creative, a site filled with great Project Life inspiration.

Posted on
Posted in Digital Scrapbooking, Project Life, Scrapbooking

9 Responses to Am I a Project Life flunky?

1. agravette says:

girl, don’t you dare give up! you are so much further ahead than i am…even if you don’t get everything “caught up”, you can still keep recording from today…that’s a whole lot more than i have done! hugs to you!

2. Melania says:

It’s very beautiful, but is it digital?

3. Nicole says:

Your pages are fantastic and I know I would feel just like you do if I was “falling behind”. You have done an amazing job so far and I totally agree with just picking up with the current week and moving forward! Best of luck with your no-stress policy. 🙂

4. Your pages for PL are amazing so do not give up on this. Maybe take the weeks that you have not kept up and condense them. Do a two page layout for each of the summer months and then go back to your weekly layouts after that. I know several people who have done this so you are not alone.

5. CyranoScrap says:

I say hang in there! I am currently behind by about a month, but I’m refusing to give up since this is my first year. I’ll get caught up – maybe the pages won’t be as great as the ones from earlier this year, but at least I will have captured my daily life. And isn’t that what’s most important? 🙂 You can do it! Just record what you can when you can. No stress!

6. Thank you ladies, I feel much more encouraged to keep going! I’m hoping to get a couple of extra pages done this weekend, so that will help my peace of mind 🙂

@Melania, yes … my pages are all digital. I started out doing a hybrid version of Project Life, but I couldn’t keep up with that. I can barely keep my head above water with a full digi version!

7. I like your digi pages!

8. Lisa G. says:

I’m just getting on the project life wagon, I say just document when you can, otherwise you are stopping life to do it and that defeats the purpose no? 😉
    Great stuff you have here, I’ll be back to visit your blog for sure! Thanks for all the freebie printables, they ROCK!

9. libbywilko says:

What a great week 🙂 thanks for sharing it with us. Love the journaling on the photos.