Mental Health: My Truth

You may also like...

15 Responses

1. kelly barton says:

i simply love you.

2. So heartfelt. I am so happy you are making things work. Thank you for sharing.

3. jill says:

i was directed to your story through a friend’s blog. i think you are incredibly brave for sharing your illness on your blog. i hope that you are able to continue to manage the dark and i hope that the sunny days will always out number the cloudy days. you are not alone. thank you for helping others to feel less alone as well.

• kimberly says:

Jill! Thank you for the kind words. I’m so blessed to be in a happy place and I appreciate the love and support of all those willing to connect with me. Blessing to you.

4. Joanne Hanson says:

I read your blog when Alli wrote about you on her blog. What a powerful way you have with telling your story. It will be a great help to many people. Thank your for being so brave to tell your story.

• kimberly says:

Joanna, Isn’t Alli awesome! She’s so great and I’m blessed by her strong spirit. Thank you for coming to my blog and reading my story. It warms my heart to have people read my words and share love and support.

5. Kelly says:

My daughter has anxiety disorder and OCD, likely brought on by a head injury in her early teens. She was wise enough to know to get help her first year in college and has been in therapy and taking medications since then. At first she didn’t tell many people either, but now is very open about her illness for many of the same reasons you are. She recently told me that she wouldn’t change having her condition — it allows her to be very focused and attentive to details, it makes her a great employee, it makes her who she is. She just needs to stay on her meds and in therapy to stay in control.

Thank you for sharing your story and putting a face to an illness that hurts far too many good people.

• kimberly says:

Kelly, Thank you for sharing a little bit about your daughter’s struggle. May she continue to manage her illness and find goodness in this world. I absolutely know it’s possible. Big hugs!

6. Paula says:

You are not alone! So many share the ups and downs of bipolar, anxiety, social anxiety, depression, OCD, sensory issues and many other “comorbid” condtions. Being different is both a struggle and a blessing. You are a more attuned, sensitive, soul searching person when you have these conditions to work with in life. My child is realizing her differences deserve to be addressed and respected. I admire her strength and yours. It’s not easy yet the victories are sweet.

• kimberly says:

Thank you for reading my story Paula and sharing your words. It’s so comforting to hear other peoples stories, ideas and supportive words.

7. Kelly says:

Wow! Very powerful and touching. It was like reading about myself to a tee, except for some of your goals. I couldn’t have said it better if I tried!

Thank you so much for sharing. I will be sharing your blog as I really want people to know what it’s really like to have/live with mental illness.

8. Jenifer says: