New Year, Same Goals (sort of)
I love the chance to start over. With each new year, there is something magical about resetting and starting over. You can leave last year behind (YES! Can I leave that Trump chump behind too?) And you can make the new year whatever you’d like it to be. Whether you set goals or make resolutions, I feel like there is something powerful in closing out one year and starting anew the next. there is something magical about a new year. I lv
However … when I sat down and thought about what I wanted my 2017 to look like, I was surprised by how much my goals/resolutions mirrored my desires from the last few years. Broadly, I want the same things. I want to spend more time being creative. I want to be healthier and take better care of my body. I want to plan and execute BIG passion projects. I want to record my memories and reflect on the goodness I have in my life. Though the specific, small details vary from year to year, my heart definitely feels called to some larger themes (health, wellness, creativity, connection).
For now — it could change as the year goes on and I possibly feel differently or shift my focus — my goal is to do the following each day:
- Journal. I’m using an app on my phone called Grid Diary)
- Get at least 10k steps (Mike & I are running a half marathon on the 15th, so we’ll get plenty of steps that day!).
- Make time for creative play (I’m working on a daily series of watercolor paintings, as well as couple of different encaustic series)
- Work in my Passion Planner (this is where I’m mapping out my creative goals for 2017, which include submitting my work to some local shows/galleries)
- Take a video (as a way to document our lives).
I know it’s only the fifth day of the year, but I feel super excited and motivated. Dare I say 2017 is going to be even better than 2016 (minus that part about having a misogynistic asshole as president)? I have a good feeling about this one … it’s gonna be awesome.