A December 2009 Recap
December was a busy month.
- I traveled to Toronto a few times.
- Mike, the kids and I went to Georgia so I could work and attend my company Christmas party.
- We shopped, baked and crafted our way to Christmas.
- Shelby finished the first half of kindergarten.
- We hosted Christmas Eve dinner, as well as Christmas Day festivities.
- We celebrated New Years Eve with old friends from Vegas.
- We packed up all of our Christmas decorations and de-cluttered.
- We set goals for 2010.
Goals for 2010
- For 2010, we are training to walk a marathon (San Diego, June 6, 2010).
- We're cutting meat out of our diets (any good vegetarian recipes? Send them my way).
- Maybe once we're okay with no meat, then we'll start cutting out sugar. Caffeine will follow after that (much to Mike's chagrin)!
- We are going to work on communicating better and telling each other how we feel. We have been working with Shelby and ask her to tell us what she feel instead of throwing a tantrum. So, we are committing to do the same.
- We are going to read more and watch less TV ... Mike has already read two books in 2010, so he's well on his way to achieving this goal.
- More quality time as a family. We're going to Hawaii in March and we want to make sure throughout 2010 we carve out time to experience life together as a family. Our kids will remember the time we spend together, not the things. I look forward to having Cooper crawl on the beach in Maui and watch Shelby shake her hips at a luau.
- More me time ... I have promised myself that I will take more me time, to make sure I am happy, relaxed and able to give my family all that they deserve. I'm going to journal more. Craft more. Read more. And find more ways to expand my mind and cultivating my creativity.
Shelby set some of her own goals for 2010
- She is going to read a chapter book on her own
- Climb a tree
- Build a snowman
- Make a button tree
- Eat as much paper as I can shove in my mouth when my mom isn't looking
- Continue to be the cutest, sweetest boy in the world
I'm having some technical problems, so when those are resolved I'll post some pictures from our December adventures!