Shelby is nine! Happy Day.
My sweet baby girl is nine today. It’s going by way too fast. At her insistence, I told Shelby the story of the day she was born as we snuggled in bed this morning. It’s mind blowing to me that the little baby of nine years ago is now this funny, smart, compassionate girl.
After I told her all about the day she was born, I asked Shelby some questions about who she is right now. It was fun to hear her answers.
Shelby at nine:
- She wants to be an author of children's books.
- Her favorite color is orange.
- Her favorite snack is popcorn.
- She is best friends with Maya and Mollie.
- Her favorite subject at school is social studies.
- Girl Scouts is her favorite thing to do.
- Mini potatoes and mashed potatoes are a dinner favorite.
- Apple juice is her favorite thing to drink.
- Her favorite breakfast is an omelet (she often has one loaded with meat, including spicy chorizo).
- Her favorite TV show is Fairly Odd Parents.
- Her favorite toys are: Jessica, my 30+-year-old Cabbage Patch Doll; Cassius, a stuffed dog that belonged to Cassius; Bella, a stuffed bear; and Nemo a gift from Daddy when she was one.
- She has a dog named Bella.
- She’s in the 3rd grade and Mrs. D is her teacher.
- She’s most looking forward to going to Papa's house this summer and Girl Scout sleep-away camp.
I love, love this girl. She’s so much like me, but at the same time she’s very much her own person. I’m grateful for her every second, of every day. Thank you for making me a mama, my dear sweet girl. May you have the best day ever.