Hello there! Happy hump day. I thought I'd drop in and share a little bit about how my #MileADay challenge is going. Here are some highlights:
- As of yesterday I had gone 31 days straight.
- I've logged a total of 74.7 miles on these walks/runs/hikes.
- I've lost 10 pounds.
- I've stuck with my healthy eating plan (no gluten, minimal sugar, lots of whole foods).
- I feel so much better.
- Mike has also taken the challenge and has lost more weight than I have.
- The kids have been joining in and walking with us a few nights a week (Shelby especially loves to go out with me).
When I started this, I wasn't sure how long I'd go and what my ultimate goal is. To be honest, I still don't know. I'm going to keep going for now, I'd like to be able to say I did 60 days straight. What I do know is this: I feel healthier, calmer and more grounded. This alone is motivation to stay on track and keep going.
If you're interested ... I'm posting daily pictures on Instagram. You can follow me there, kimberlykalil and look for the hashtag #mileaday.