First ... a quick recap of last week's meals and what we liked or didn't like. Personally, I loved the Easy Coconut Curry. It was easy to make and full of flavor. The kids didn't like it though, so I'm not sure it's going to be something we eat often. The Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Boats were awesome. So tasty and a lot different than many of the new recipes we've been trying. Since I work from home, I was able to pop the squash into the oven long before Mike got home, which cut down on his prep time. It might have been a tough week night meal if I hadn't gotten the squash in the oven so early. The best meal of the week was the Lemon Honey Rosemary Chicken. So, so yummy and quick. I can see us making this one over and over again.
We didn't make the Paleo Taco Shepherd’s Pie. We ended up having California Bowls (take out) from Rubios since Mike and Shelby were out shopping and running errands past our normal dinner time. Saturday Mike's dad brought over 10 pounds of shrimp straight from Mexico and we had a shrimp boil (fresh shrimp, corn on the cob and red potatoes). It was the first time I've ever had a shrimp boil and it was phenomenal.
Like last week, the goal with this week’s menu was to use up a lot of what we have on hand. Here’s what we’ll be trying this week:
- Monday: Paleo Taco Shepherd’s Pie (rolled over from last week)
- Tuesday: Good old-fashion Tacos, with black beans and brown rice
- Wednesday: Honey Ginger Apple Shredded Pork
- Thursday: Spinach and Mushroom Chicken
- Friday: Grilled chicken with Cilantro Lime Cauliflower Rice
- Saturday: Dinner out (Valentine's Day). The kids will probably have gluten free pizza with their nanny.
- Sunday: Leftovers (or Mike’s choice)